Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Top Five Reasons We Love Being Writers

We all love to write. That's why we're here. So here's our top five reasons we love it so much. And if you haven't done so already pop over to our blogiversary post and enter to win free books and critiques!

Wendy Mcleod MacKnight
  1. Telling stories has always bound us together 
  2. The books I’ve read in my life have lifted me up when I needed lifting, filled me with hope when I was lost.
  3. Books give me comfort when I'm sad. 
  4. Stories help us make sense of the world. 
  5. I love it!
Tom Torre 
  1. I love being able to escape the confines of a poop-filled world and enter a world where I control the good and the bad.
  2. Being part of the writing community is a reward by itself. I have gained some irreplaceable friendships and have teamed up with some amazing people over the years since becoming a writer. 
  3. It's a way of venting out the excess creative goo that settles in my brain juices.
  4. The feeling of finishing a book and saying "I did that." is amazing.
  5. The constant struggle and challenge of the writing industry, while overwhelming at times, just makes me want to keep trying harder and harder. We'll each make it - one day. It's not a matter if, it's just when.
Jamie Krakover
  1. I love exploring the what if.
  2. I love the community writers have built, the people I've met, and the connections I've made.
  3. It's a challenge that allows me to exercise the other side of my brain. It balances out my engineering side.
  4. Because the more I write, the more I discover things about myself.
  5. When you write, literally anything is possible. There are rules, but some are made to be broken.
Shari Green
  1. Because stories connect us.
  2. Because I love words/sentences/books, and writing lets me live in words/sentences/books, lol.
  3. Because creating something that someday, somewhere, a child may read and either feel a little less alone or grow in empathy for someone else, or a child may read and think "this was written just for me"…well, how amazing would that be? the possibility both overwhelms and inspires me.
  4. Because it’s fun (sometimes).
  5. Because it’s hard (sometimes), and I do love a good challenge.
There's our reasons for loving to write, what are yours? 

 

No comments: