My TBR pile is perpetually out of control, but does that stop me from adding more to it? Um…no.
In case you're like me and want ALL THE BOOK RECS!!!!, here are ten new or upcoming middle grade books on my radar.
- Louisiana’s Way Home, Kate DiCamillo (Oct. 2) – This is the only one on my list that I’ve already read. I loved it! Classic Kate DiCamillo, it’s a quirky/sad/hopeful story.
- Everlasting Nora, Marie Miranda Cruz (Oct. 2) – about a girl living in a shantytown in the Philippines' Manila North Cemetery
- Dog Days in the City, Jodi Kendall (Oct. 2) – a heartwarming story that sounds perfect for dog-lovers (me!), from the author of The Unlikely Story of a Pig in the City
- The Reckless Club, Beth Vrabel (Oct. 2) – a Breakfast Club-ish MG set in a retirement home, from the author of Caleb and Kit
- In Your Shoes, Donna Gephart (Oct. 9) – friendship story from the author of Lily and Dunkin
- The Lighthouse Between the Worlds, Melanie Crowder (Oct. 23) – secrets, a portal, and a boy's search for his father (fantasy)
- Counting to Perfect, Suzanne Lafleur (Oct. 23) – a road-trip sister story
- Blended, Sharon Draper (Nov. 6) – contemp story about a biracial girl, from the author of Out of my Mind
- The Prophet Calls, Melanie Sumrow (Nov. 6) – about a girl growing up within a polygamous community (for older MG readers)
- It Wasn’t Me, Dana Alison Levy (Nov. 18) – a MG take on The Breakfast Club, from the author of the Family Fletcher books