For me, one of the best things about any holiday time is catching up on my to-be-read pile. I will never have that pile under control--never ever--but I sure do enjoy days when the only thing on my to-do list is read.
For some reason, I read less than usual in 2017. I'm not happy about that, but still, I'm thankful for all the excellent stories I stumbled across. I read some wonderful books, and there are many more waiting for me. Today, I'd love to share some of those books with you, so voilà! Three lists of three. (Not necessarily top three, but top-ish…)
Three of my favorite middle grade reads of 2017:
- Rules for Stealing Stars, by Corey Ann Haydu
- Wishtree, by Katherine Applegate
- Forget Me Not, by Ellie Terry
Three 2017 middle grade books I haven’t read yet but am really looking forward to:
- The Unlikely Story of a Pig in the City, by Jodi Kendall
- Two Times a Traitor, by Karen Bass
- The Someday Birds, by Sally J. Pla
Three of my most anticipated middle grade books of 2018:
- A Possibility of Whales, by Karen Rivers (March 13)
- Every Shiny Thing, by Cordelia Jensen (April 17)
- Where the Watermelons Grow, by Cindy Baldwin (July 3)
It's highly unlikely I'll run out of things to read, but please, just in case, share your fave reads of 2017 and most anticipated reads of 2018 in the comments. Thanks!
Wishing you many hours of uninterrupted reading time this holiday season. Also, peace, joy, and love in abundance. :)