Why do I write middle grade? Oh, I can think of a few reasons… ;)
· because I love to read middle grade books.
· because I was a voracious reader when I was a MG-aged kid.
· because I believe if kids love books at this age, it can change their lives.
· because kids are awesome.
· because Kate DiCamillo. (Need I say more?)
· because it was an accident. (My MG novel, ROOT BEER CANDY AND OTHER MIRACLES, started out as YA; the story wasn’t working at all, until I realized my main character wasn’t seventeen…she was eleven. Oops.)
· because accident or not, it was the most fun I’ve ever had writing.
· and finally, because MG books help us all believe in magic … and if I can be a teeny tiny part of that magic for someone, I’m in. I’m so in.